Thank you for choosing Calgary BMX Racing! Please watch our news section and facebook page for all upcoming club and season opening announcements.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE 2015 SEASON!
For all new and returning Calgary BMX Racing members, our club registration is being processed through the Calgary BMX Association for the 2015 season. You must however obtain a Alberta Bicycle License to ride on our track, which is available online through the Alberta Bicycle Association. Steps on how to order a license online are detailed below.
Buy a Membership:
- Complete a Calgary BMX Annual Membership and Volunteer Agreement Form (pdf) and submit it to the club.
- Pay using cheque or cash (at an event or by mail). You can make out cheques to "Calgary BMX".
Mail payment & forms to:
Treasurer, Calgary BMX
PO Box 5291 STN A
Calgary, AB T2H1X6
Get a License:
- Visit the Alberta Bicylce Association (ABA) website Membership page and learn about a race or general license.
- License types are BMX Junior (Born 1996 - 2009) $85.00, BMX Senior (Born in or before 1997) $100.00 (UCI/CAA for provincial race points & events) or BMX General Membership $40.00(only valid for your club races, events and insurance to ride the track). You must at least have a General Membership (license) to participate.
IMPORTANT An current license is required to join the Calgary BMX Racing Club and/or to participate in any District Racing (Points) conducted at other Alberta BMX Racing Clubs. Annual licenses are effective from January 1st to December 31st each calendar year and can be obtained directly from the Alberta Bicycle Association (ABA) Membership page via online registration.VISA or MASTERCARD payment is required.
The process for getting a license (ABA Membership) is:
- Go to the How do I purchase a Membership? webpage.
- Sign-in or create your profile.
- Complete the form – when you get to the CLUB INFO section follow these steps:
- CLUB STATUS: "I have joined an ABA sanctioned club" – select the "$0" button.
- Select "Calgary BMX" from the dropdown menu to become a member (for those who's home track is elsewhere, but want to become Calgary members as well, select your primary home track from the list). No charge should be levied for selecting Calgary BMX (as we handle this internally).
- Proceed to MEMBERSHIP TYPE and choose the licensing option that corresponds with your previously chosen membership selection. Be sure to choose from the BMX specific options, or select the $40.00 "BMX General Membership (non-racing)" option if you are only planning to ride recreational at the Calgary BMX track.
- Complete the remainder of the form (remember, you will need to upload a photo that will appear on your license if you are racing).
- Process your payment upon completion (VISA or MASTERCARD) and request an email receipt. If you are a returning Calgary BMX Racing member, and have available BINGO CREDITS from previous seaons you wish to be reimbursed with, email your receipt to
. Please include the name that the cheque should be made out to and the postal mailing address. Once this is received a cheque will be mailed to you. Note: There will be no Bingo's in 2015.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the enrollment process, please forward them to
and we will respond as soon as possible.
NOTE: Participation in the VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT PROGRAM is mandatory for all members. Please download the Annual Membership and Volunteer Agreement Form and submit with post-dated cheque to the registration office on your first race day of each season.